January coincides with the anniversary of the birth of one of the most famous acting duos that achieved remarkable success, not only on the acting level, but also extended to family life, the two artists and the late spouses Dalal Abdel Aziz and Samir Ghanem. Samir was born on January 15, 1937 in the village of Arab Al-Atola, Assiut Governorate. While Dalal was born on January 17, 1960 in the village of Feraghan, Sharkia Governorate. Just as the month of birth brought them together, the couple graduated from the Faculty of Agriculture, where Samir graduated from Alexandria University, while Dalal graduated from Zagazig University.
What makes the story of Dalal Abdel Aziz and Samir Ghanem distinct from others is that they achieved great artistic success, in addition to gaining wide acceptance among the masses. Which became evident after their death, as grief overshadowed the citizens in the Egyptian street, as if they had lost someone close and dear to them. On the occasion of their birthday, let us learn about the details of the love story that brought their hearts together, in addition to the artworks that brought them together on screen.
Dalal Abdel Aziz met Samir Ghanem for the first time in the scenes of the play “Welcome Doctor” was not their first meeting. Where coincidence brought them together many years before, and when Samir Ghanem was presenting one of his theatrical performances in Alexandria with the Troupe Adwaa Al-Adwaa Al-theater, and at that time Dalal was still a child, and when she saw him in the street by chance, she ran after him, and he stood to greet her and was nice to her by playing in her hair strands and then left her and gone. Dalal Abdel Aziz stated in one of the television interviews that Samir Ghanem used to joke with her after marriage, saying: “If I had known that I would marry you, I would have pushed you in the sea.”
The beginning of the love story
The love story of Dalal Abdel Aziz and Samir Ghanem is one of the most famous stories of successful engagement in the artistic community. Which has been known for its strength and durability for many years. The legendary start of love between the duo came by chance when Dalal Abdel Aziz was filming the series “Asilah” with the artist George Sidhom, so he nominated her to participate in the play “Welcome Doctor” in which he participates with Samir Ghanem. At that time, the duo met at the “Hosapir” theater, where Dalal underwent a test to get the role, and everyone admired her performance, and Samir Ghanem chose her to participate in the play.
At this time, Dalal had fallen in love with Samir Ghanem, and noticed that he had many admirers, but she had made the decision to marry him. Since that time, Dalal has been chasing him everywhere, accompanying him behind the scenes and during the theatrical performance, and even after the show ended, she would ask him to deliver her to her home on the pretext that she did not have a car, until Samir Ghanem began to turn to her. Throughout the 4 years of the play, the duo kept exchanging admiration words behind the scenes without saying anything.
After long chases for 4 years, and despite the large age difference between them, which reached 23 years, many big stars such as Mahmoud Morsi, Mahmoud El-Meligy, Abdel Moneim Madbouly, and even George Sidhom, a friend of Omar Samir Ghanem, tried to warn her about this marriage and advised her to stay away from him, However, Dalal Abdel Aziz insisted on marrying Samir Ghanem.
For his part, Samir Ghanem refused to complete this marriage, due to the age difference between them, as well as his two previous marriage experiences that ended in a quick separation, which made him afraid of repeating the experience. Until a group of artists intervened to convince Samir to marry Dalal, including Farid Shawqi, Karima Mokhtar, and Mervat Amin. As for how he made the decision to marry, this came during the filming of the movie “I wish for a boy”, where the great artist Farid Shawqi sat with Samir Ghanem and asked him: “Why don’t you want to get married? This girl is sweet and very sexy Marry her.” Samir replied with a laugh: “Okay I will marry her for your sake”. Samir Ghanem retracted his refusal to marry, especially after Dalal Abdel Aziz’s behavior during the illness of his brother “Sayed” and what she did in this crisis in support of them, and offered to travel with him on a treatment journey. Indeed, Samir Ghanem and Dalal Abdel Aziz married in 1984, so the artistic community witnessed a duo that was not like other artistic duos, as it resulted in the most important artistic family in the artistic community.
One year after the marriage of Dalal Abdel Aziz and Samir Ghanem, specifically on January 1, 1985, the couple had their first daughter, Donia. Then, on March 31, 1987, they had their second daughter, Eman, known technically as Amy. Which also entered the world of art, and achieved great fame. Donia Samir Ghanem married the journalist Rami Radwan, while Amy Samir Ghanem married the actor Hassan Al Raddad.
Artworks they both participated in
- The play “Welcome Doctor”, produced in 1980, starring George Sidhom, Eva, Magdy Kamel and Ibrahim Nasr. It is written by Faisal Nada and directed by Hassan Abdel Salam.
- The play “The Trap of Marital Happiness”, produced in 1980. And co-starring Laila Taher, Laila Fahmy and Abdel Aziz Al-Tatawi. It was written by Saeed Abdullah and directed by Abdel Ghani Zaki.
- “Fatouta” show produced in 1982. And co-starring Samira Sedky, Iman Al-Toukhi and Muhammad Abu Al-Hassan. It is written by Abdel Rahman Shawky and directed by Fahmy Abdel Hamid.
- The movie “The End of a Married Man”, produced in 1983. And co-starring Bossi, Sayed Zayan, Hala Fakher, Ali Al-Sharif and Mazhar Abu Al-Naga. It is written by Faisal Nada and directed by Adel Sadek.
- The movie “Ya Rab Walad” was produced in 1984. And co-starring Farid Shawqi, Karima Mokhtar, Ahmed Ratib, Ekrami, Esaad Younes and Hanan Suleiman. It is written by Faisal Nada and directed by Omar Abdel Aziz.
- The movie “Saving What Can Be Saved”, produced in 1984. And co-starring Mahmoud Yassin, Madiha Kamel, Mervat Amin, Hussein Fahmy and Hassan Mustafa. It is written and directed by Saeed Marzouk.
- The movie “Hadi Badi” was produced in 1984. The film is co-starring Farid Shawqi, Noura, Saeed Abdel Ghani and Zahra Al-Ala. It is written by Nabil Ghulam and directed by Hassan Al-Saifi.
- The play “Fares and Bani Khaiban” produced in 1987. Farida Seif Al-Nasr, Sabri Abdel Moneim, Jalila Mahmoud and Sayed Hatem participated in the movie. It is written by Abdel Rahman Shawky and directed by Hassan after peace.
- The movie “ex-cons”, produced in 1988. The film is co-starring Osama Abbas, Youssef Daoud, Hussein Abdel Nabi and Naima Al-Saghir. It is written by Abu Osama Ismail and directed by Muhammad Abaza.
- The movie “Groom in the Lottery”, produced in 1989. The film is co-starring Hassan Mustafa, Imad Muharram, Maryam Fakhr El-Din and Jalila Mahmoud. It is written by Mohamed Khalil Al-Zahar and directed by Ismail Hassan.
- The movie “The Three Dumbs” produced in 1990. The film is co-starring Younes Shalaby, Saeed Saleh, Jamil Ratib and Hussein El-Sherbiny. It is written by Bahjat Qamar and directed by Hassan El Seifi.
- The movie “Al-Matb”, produced in 1990. It is co-starring Youssef Daoud, Fouad Khalil, Muhammad Al-Sharqawi and Aisha Al-Kilani. It is written by Muhammad Khalil Al-Zahar and directed by Hassan Al-Saifi.
- The movie “The Con and the Dog” was produced in 1990. it is co-starring Shwikar, Sami Al-Adl, Fouad Khalil and Olfat Imam. It is written by Fawzi Ali and directed by Adel Sadek.
- The play “My brother is in heaven and I’m in hell”, produced in 1992. the play is co-starring Rashawn Tawfik, Mohamed Al-Taji and Eva. It was written by Abdel Rahman Shawky and directed by Hassan Abdel Salam.
- The 1993 movie “Men in Danger” was produced. It is co-starring Younes Shalaby, Hala Sedky and Fouad Khalil. It is written by Duha Ahmed Ali and directed by Najdi Hafez.
- The series “The Family of Mr. Amin” produced in 2005 co-starring Donia Samir Ghanem and Amy Samir Ghanem. It is written by Amr Samir Atef and directed by Sherif Gamal.
- Sitcom “Abdul Hamid Academy”, produced in 2005, co-starring Samia Atef and Hamada Barakat. It is written by Mohamed El Safty and directed by Ashraf Abdel Hadi.
- The series “The Big Oy – Part Three” produced in 2013 co-starring Ahmed Makki, Donia Samir Ghanem and Mohamed Salam. It is written by Mostafa Helmy and Mohamed Ezz El-Din and directed by Ahmed El-Gendy and Hisham Fathy.
- “Lahfa” series, produced in 2015. co-starring Donia Samir Ghanem Muhammad Salam, Ali Rabie, and Hana Al-Shorbagy. It is written by Ahmed Kamel and Amr Sukkar and directed by Moataz Al-Tuni.
- The series “Nelly and Sherihan” produced in 2016 co-starring Donia Samir Ghanem, Amy Samir Ghanem, Muhammad Salam, Mustafa Khater and Salwa Khattab. It is written by Mustafa Saqr, Mohamed Ezz El-Din and Karim Youssef, and directed by Ahmed El-Gendy.
- The series “Badal Al Hadouta Talata”, produced in 2019. co-starring Donia Samir Ghanem, Hisham Majed, Mohamed Salam, Bayoumi Fouad and Ahmed Rizk. It is written by Ayman Wattar and Sherif Naguib and directed by Khaled Al-Halafawi.
The death of the Samir Ghanem
Samir Ghanem and Dalal Abdel Aziz are also involved in many things, such as the month of birth, university studies and their love for art, as well as the journey of their lives that they spent together for more than 37 years, God willing, that the spouses will also share in the disease. The two were infected with the Corona virus, and they were transferred together to the intensive care unit in April of 2021 after their health deteriorated. The news of her passing away was announced on August 20, 20, at the age of 84. Without saying goodbye, she loved him and his wife, who remained in the intensive care unit without her knowledge of his death.
The death of Dalal Abdel Aziz
About 10 weeks after the death of her companion, specifically on August 7, Dalal Abdel Aziz died at the age of 61, due to the repercussions of infection with the Corona virus, which affected the respiratory system and infected her with lung cirrhosis. A state of deep sadness descends on their two daughters and colleagues in the artistic community, as well as the Egyptian and Arab public, after farewell to two of the most beautiful people on a personal level, and a duo of the most prominent duets on the artistic level.
Rumors after death
Although months have passed since the death of Samir Ghanem and his wife Dalal Abdel Aziz, they are still at the top of the list of the most searched people on social media and search engines to this day. This is because there are some rumors about the family from time to time. The first of these rumors was about the appearance of a second wife for the late artist, who is claiming her legal right to inherit. Many news websites also dealt with the rumor of Amy Samir Ghanem’s divorce from her husband, Hassan al-Raddad, her retirement from art and her wearing the hijab, especially after she appeared in some pictures wearing the abaya and hijab while she was in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah. Recently, a new rumor was raised regarding the death of the spouses, after the death of the great journalist Wael Al-Ibrashi, and the issuance of some accusations against the doctor treating him, who was said to have caused his death because he was giving him a treatment that did not belong to the Corona virus treatment protocol approved by the Ministry of Health, which caused his condition to deteriorate. health and death. The rumor states that this doctor is the same doctor who treated Dalal Abdel Aziz and Samir Ghanem before their deaths, and that he may have contributed to the deterioration of their health after giving them the same medication.
During all that period, Donia and Amy Samir Ghanem did not bother to deny these rumors, whether by appearing in the media or even through a publication on their official accounts on social media.